What treatment options are available to me after miscarriage?

Treatments vary depending on your personal circumstances and the type of miscarriage you experienced. After bloodwork and ultrasound, your doctor (family doctor, OBGYN, or emergency room doctor) will provide options. Early first trimester losses can be managed with watchful waiting (if very early and no infection risk), medication (vaginal or oral) that causes cramps and passage, or surgery (dilation and curettage) in more urgent cases of excess bleeding, pain, or later loss. Your doctor will be able to provide you with options you have available depending on your situation. They will provide you with the advantages and disadvantages of each so that you are better informed when deciding together which treatment is best for you.

Join our video session on Managing First Trimester Miscarriage to learn more.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us